Friday, January 23, 2009

The Impact of Vision

As I was driving into work today, I was thinking of the the missions team of the week, Warsaw, Poland...a place very dear to me. What struck me was how much God has put them on my heart, how much love God has shown me towards this country, and these people.

Getting out of my class a little late, I missed the video presentation from Pastor Maciek on the church in Warsaw, but I got to hear the beautiful prayers of Pastor Andrulonis as he prayed for the churches in Poland.

Why would this country, these people 4000 miles away mean so much to me? Why would I be brought to tears just thinking about any lack they might have, any needs they need fulfilled; to think about the joy on their faces, their laughter, their desire for God's word and personal touch fills me with such rejoicing. What is God doing?

It was the trip that we (Kyle, Pastor Chris and I) took in March 2008 that started this. I had been to Poland the previous summer, but this was different. This trip was so personal. From staying with the Pastors and their families in Wroclaw, Krakow, Gdansk, and Warsaw, to attending mid-week meetings, prayer, and Bible studies to seeing the faces and joy of team and church members. It was a vision. God was working a vision in my heart, a purpose to go forth to love and minister to His people in Poland. God was showing me that there is so much more He is doing than I could imagine.

This week-long missions trip changed my life. God had given me direction, missions. God had given me a country, Poland. Since returning that's been the focus of my heart.

God has a plan for Poland, for Eastern Europe. God's heart is for missions throughout all the world. I pray that this eQuad can be used to stir up hearts. I pray that God will speak greatly during this trip; that people would be led to come and see what God is doing in Eastern Europe. It's going to be life-changing. Pray about coming with us!

See you there,
Bryan

2 comments:

Maciek said...

thank you Bryan, we still remembering this time in march '08 and looking forward for the next one!!!
You always welcome. We can make a special coffee/tea with horseradish sandwiches :-) Special for You!

Bryan said...

As long as the tea is not like Ukrainian Kvas, I can take you up on that offer...as far as the horseradish goes...well, we know how that turns out :)